Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Generals

General John J. Pershing

I have been reading a lot about different Generals through American history . My two favorites are George  S Patton and John Pershing. John Pershing was definitely a true soldiers General. He had fought in the Spanish-American war and tracked the famous outlaw Poncho Villa through Mexican  deserts.  However, he is most known for commanding soldiers in World War 1 in France. Here is a sketch I made of him. He is done in graphite, and his hair and moustache were my favorite to shade.

If you wish to learn more about him I definitely recommend it. Most people have not heard about him, but he is quite fascinating. One book to read is John J. Pershing in the Great Military Leaders of The Twentieth Century series by Tim McNeese with an introduction by Caspar W. Wienberger. There is also one on General George S. Patton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment