Monday, February 24, 2014

A DAY OUT


   Yesterday my mom took me on a special outing with just the two of us. We stopped at the army surplus store. As I have undoubtedly said before this is my favorite store to shop at. When we went in the first thing we saw were 10 steel M-1 helmets with canvas liners from the Vietnam War. They all had NATO forest camouflage covers on them and one even had a sergeants chevrons. Hangings on one rack were several sets of army tactical vests. Mom got me this set of SP0100-00C-5007 Tactical Load Bearing Gear. This set has 4 M-16 ammo pouches, two small pouches for whatever, and several clips to attach flash lights, canteens, first aid kits, and whatever else one might need.


Here is a patch from the U.S.N SEAL team 4. It is in my patch collection my first navy one.


This ribbon is for service in the Korean Conflict. The owner of the shop said that the gold frame around it was for gallantry in action.


This pin as the picture shows is from the Special Forces, the shop owner said it was worn by The Green Berets and the Army Rangers


This is a Purple Heart dress pin. It was supposed to be worn on suits to show the decorations that had been won.

      On the same day we also stopped at Dick’s Sporting Goods here we got several interesting items

.

This is the airsoft gun I got for Christmas. It has full automatic fire and can shoot almost 150 BBs a minute.

.

And of course if you have a gun you need ammo. This container of 10,000 was on sale for 7.49!



And last but not least arrows. Yes I Know they are purple but that was the only color they had.

The crowning touch to our day out though was a trip to the PURPLE COW I got a BBQ, Bacon, and Cheddar cheese Burger!

Post By Bear







1 comment:

  1. I had a great time out with you. And the vest is so cool.
    love
    momma

    ReplyDelete