Monday, February 3, 2014

Wood working


One of my favorite hobbies is woodworking and my favorite tool for woodworking is the band saw it is very good for making intricate cuts and making small toys. My band saw is a 62’ craftsman that my dad got me for my birthday last year right now I need to buy a new blade for it my last one hit a knot and bent out of shape. Here are some pictures of my projects.

 

Here is a family of gnomes I made this fall I let my mother, sister and brother paint them. I also have a set of Vikings with a long boat and a dragon but they have not been cut out yet but I will post them when they are done.
 

 

 


And here is another family of gnomes this time with a house and some animals. The animals were the hardest to cut out especially the piece of wood between their legs.
 


And here’s the inside of the house. Yes I know the floor is purple but their was no more black or blue
 
 

 


Ah ha! Here’s something good a sword from middle earth. This one I cut out of a piece of trim sanded it and then wood burned it.

 

 


 

 

 

 



For serious Lord of the rings fans you should know what this means if you don’t read chapter two of The Fellowship of the Ring

 


 

 Last night dad and I put 743 (I counted) 1, 1/4x ¾ (I Measured) shingles on the roof of mommas doll house. It took us about two hours and a good deal of glue.

 

Just a note…

   as I’ve said before I like the lord of the rings but never bothered enough to save and by a set well two days ago at the library resale room I found a copy of the fellowship of the ring and the return if the king  both for 25 cents so naturally I bought them. When I got home I swapped my older brother a hard back copy of Eldest (also resale rooms buy) for his copy of The Two Towers.


Here is the set.
Post by Bear
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment