Monday, February 24, 2014

World War Two Weapons


As I have said before I enjoy woodworking and making small toys and carved items. Also as I have said I like collecting military items and was wondering how I could combine both of these interests. My solution?  Make accurate (or as much as possible) replicas of the weapons. So far I have made only three weapons, the colt M1911, a Thompson (or “Tommy” gun) M1A1, and an M-1 Garand self-loading rifle.

The M-1: This gun was the mast common weapon for the U.S soldier during World War 2. It had semi-automatic fire and shot a 30.Cal bullet that was carried in clips of 8. This gun was so successful that it was used in the Korean War and Later in a modified form as the M-14 in the Vietnam War.

 


Here is the colt M-1911 it was the stander issue side arm for the American soldier in world war 2 it fired a .45 bullet. First issued in World War 1 this weapon is still in use today with the U.S.M.C

 

 


And last but not least the ever famous “Tommy” gun. This is an iconic American weapon used by gangsters as well as Soldiers. I gave this one to my brother for his birthday. (please note this one is not quit finished as I had to hurry to get it made)
post by bear


No comments:

Post a Comment