Thursday, February 13, 2014

Books I've been reading this week

I thought for this post I should show some of the books that I am currently reading for school. They are all really good, and I would encourage anyone to read them. They range from civilian style such as Journey to Topaz and Anne Frank to more political and millitary subjects like the book Hitler and Parallel Journey. The only one I have not read is The Upstairs Room, because I got it yesterday as an early birthday gift, so I have not had time to sit down and enjoy it.  It looks like it will be a good one though. On my next post I shall do a book review on it.
Probably one of my favorite books on World War II, this is a true story of two children from different families. Born just a few miles away from each other in Germany,they took drastically different paths. Alfons was a loyal and proud Hitler Youth leader. Helen  was sent to a concentration camp. After the war they went on many talk shows and helped people to understand more about Hitler and the Second World War.

Of course one of the most influential books to be written during the war, the diary of Anne Frank is the story of a girl who lives in hiding until her family is discovered.

This book exposes Hitler and his regime and how a poor, failing  artist rose to power and shook the world to its core. Find out  how and why he hated Jews so much that he put into motion one of the most unimaginable crimes ever invented.


This book is about the internment camps for Japanese -Americans during WWII. 

Not a WWII book but still a favorite this book shows the badges and patches of American Armed  Forces. Great for hstorical drawing and reference.
post by Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment